During this meeting, PRSSA had an alumni speaker, Katie Johnstone speak to students.
2 pm – Katie Johnstone joined Zoom and we welcomed her.
- She spoke about the marketing tactic she uses
- The university colors changed
- She manages all social medias for the University of Pittsburgh
- University of Pittsburgh instagram has over 800,000 followers
- She discussed how her and her team handle crisis management, creating content, and managing content
- She spoke about how the pandemic affected her job and how she adapted
Johnstone’s ESU Experience
- Worked in University Relations, Stroud Courrier
- First generation student, graduated in 2013 with double degree in English and Communication
- Worked with Brenda Friday
We ended the meeting with some questions.
This meeting was adjourned at 2:55 pm.